We’ve been making didgs since 1993 and have always made didgs from a passionate players perspective. I started out, making didgs to build my own playing collection and before long I had more than I needed. For the first couple of years as a hobby business I’d sell word of mouth and journey to the Down to Earth Confest -a large festival twice yearly that attracted large no’s of didg players. It was a place where us folk would connect up and we’d exchange much in 10 days camped together. The didg makers would often set up in the market place and the 5-10,000 festival goers would keep us didging strong and passing on many a good instrument. It was real grass roots happening with the festival becoming a way of life over such a time camped together. It wasn’t a music festival so folk everywhere would gather organically in groups and there would be jamming most everywhere. These times set the scene for Heartland Didgeridoos and what we’re on about. Connecting up with and supporting fellow players.
AIMS & VISIONS OF HEARTLAND DIDGES
- That the amount of people playing and connecting with Didgeridoo will be a big part in bringing about a renaissance of our culture. People’s new found sensitivity to earth, indigenous culture and all living things, combined with the bodily felt need to slow down and find a more harmonious lifestyle; will bring about a tidal wave of change that will seem a mystery in its power and its ability to transform our lives. Simply it will come about from many individuals choosing to listen to their inner voices, a gift that Didgeridoo instils through their contemplative caressing vibrations.
- To make and supply the highest quality Didgeridoo’s to people around the globe; who desire a Didgeridoo, white ant hollowed and made in the time honoured way with focus on internal and external finish, playing ability, and artwork that reflects the spirit of the particular Didgeridoo.
- Each didg., a tree from Australia, brings the calming spirit of this vast land, its traditional people, and the “Heartland” makers spirit who is grounding a wholistic lifestyle and passes on this seed to you the player. It’s time for us all to keep stepping forward in living more harmoniously everyday and it is our aim to embody this as our businesses number 1 priority ahead of results – making or selling.
- To create a business that supports our passion as didg players, looks after our families, supports our clan becoming stronger and so helps bring in the old and the new.
- To support indigenous and all others in reconnecting as one extended family and reclaiming our role as conscious caretakers of our mother earth.